Accidents at Work
Accidents at work can have a devastating effect on your finances and your health. If you have been physically or psychologically injured whilst at work as the result of an accident, you are not alone - and we are here to help you.
Curtis Legal are experts in dealing with personal injury claims for people that are injured in the course of their employment. We have specialist solicitors who will make sure that you receive the compensation that you deserve as a result of an accident at work.
We deal with many types of personal injury, from trips, slips and falls to manual handling and exposures to harmful substances. Our expert solicitors are experienced in dealing with all types of accidents at work from minor matters through to fatal accidents.
If you have been injured as a result of a workplace accident, trust Curtis Legal to assist you with your compensation claim, we are here to help you. We work on an honest "no win no fee" basis, and our solicitors will work hard to ensure you receive the maximum amount of compensation as quickly as possible.
Below are a few examples of common accidents at work:
- Accidents as a result of defective or dangerous machinery
- Defective Ladders, Scaffolding or Working at Height
- Unsafe working conditions e.g. floors, surfaces, working areas or corridors, electrical equipment
- Injuries caused during lifting or manual handling work
- Exposure to harmful or dangerous substances
- Employees exposed to violent attacks by patients or customers
- Fatal accidents
Employers have a legal duty to provide a safe place of work, a safe system of work, proper equipment, proper training, proper clothing and anything else that is reasonably necessary for someone to carry out their job.
The duty is so strict that most accidents at work can be attributed to some breach of this statutory duty. The law makes it extremely difficult for an employer to escape liability for an accident to his employee, whatever the circumstances. So even if you are unsure as to whether or not the accident was your fault you should get in touch with us.
Statistics from the Health and Safety Executive for 2012-2013 show that:
- 148 workers killed at work
- 78 000 other injuries to employees were reported under RIDDOR
- 175 000 over-7-day absence injuries occurred (LFS)
- 1.1 million working people were suffering from a work-related illness (2011/12)
- 27 million working days were lost due to work-related illness and workplace injury (2011/12)
Make your FREE claim using our quick and easy online claim form.
ForFREEadvice on the next steps you should take then call us on0800 214 216
We always take care of our clients. See what they have to say about us.READ NOW